Dorna have just released the first look at the 2022 MotoGP calendar. With the on-going pandemic, it may be subject to some changes but the future is looking bright for Australian racing fans as the long awaited Phillip Island round is on the provisional 2022 calendar.
While it is early days, Australian fans can rejoice as Phillip Island is scheduled for the 2022 MotoGP season. The riders haven’t been back to Australia since 2019, so Aussie fans have missed out on Jack Miller on a factory team Ducati and Remy Gardener leading the Moto2 championship.
However, 2022 will be a special year as we will have not one but two home-grown talents in the main event class. Check out the calendar below to see all the details on the 2022 provisional round line-up.
2022 MotoGP Provisional Calendar
- 06 March Qatar* Losail International Circuit
- 20 March Indonesia** Mandalika International Street Circuit
- 03 April Republica Argentina Termas de Rio Hondo
- 10 April Americas Circuit of The Americas
- 24 April Portugal Algarve International Circuit
- 01 May Spain Circuito de Jerez-Ángel Nieto
- 15 May France Le Mans
- 29 May Italy Autodromo del Mugello
- 05 June Catalunya Barcelona-Catalunya
- 19 June Germany Sachsenring
- 26 June Netherlands TT Circuit Assen
- 10 July Finland** KymiRing
- 07 August Great Britain Silverstone Circuit
- 21 August Austria Red Bull Ring-Spielberg
- 04 September San Marino e della Riviera di Rimini Misano World Circuit Marco Simoncelli
- 18 September Aragón MotorLand Aragón
- 25 September Japan Twin Ring Motegi
- 02 October Thailand Chang International Circuit
- 16 October Australia Phillip Island
- 23 October Malaysia Sepang International Circuit
- 06 November Comunitat Valenciana Comunitat Valenciana-Ricardo Tormo
* Evening Race, **Subject to Homologation. All dates, events and the attendance of spectators are subject to the evolution of the pandemic and the approval of the corresponding Governments.